Job Post – Character Animator & Rigger
Character Animator and Rigger | Full Time Contractor | Temporary 6 months | Remote/Hybrid
Lo-Fi Games is a small, busy, independent games studio based in Bristol, who prize diversity and staff welfare.
We are looking for a Character Rigger with a blend of strong technical skills in rigging, animation, as well as a good artistic sense, who can hit the ground running taking our rigged creatures one step further, animating them realistically and skinning a large number of armour sets.
- Setup and maintain animator friendly rigs for different types of characters (mostly creatures but some humanoid)
- Animate wide range of creatures with different realistic motions
- Work closely with the tech artist to be aware of performance limitations and provide skeletons which offer good balance between animation quality and performance.
- Work directly with the character team to check and provide feedback with all the requirements for the models in terms of anatomy for realistic functionality and proper topology to achieve it.
- Strong skinning skills
- Experienced in retargeting existing animations.
- Strong skills and understanding of animation principles for realistic mechanics.
- Strong showreel to show the ability to rig and animate a wide range of different creatures in Kenshi world(old and new creatures)
- Able to extract both organic and robotic result from same set of animation
- Strong experience working with Unreal Engine
- Excellent communication skills
- Develop tools and scripts that can help with workflow
- Knowledge of motion capture
- Familiar with Kenshi 1 and the Kenshi world
- Flexible full time working with core hours between noon and 4pm
- Relaxed environment with a strict company policy of no crunch
- Regular team socials
The position is a 6 month temporary contract with a possibility of extension.
Lo-Fi Games is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We encourage a full range of diversity in our team and strongly encourage all people to apply, especially those from under-represented groups.
Please send your CV and a covering statement detailing why you would like to work for us at Lo-Fi Games to email@example.com.
Closing date of application has been extended to midnight 1st June 2022, subject to close early depending on applicants.