98.23 is now out in the main stable branch! For more details on bug fixes and small additions, check the full change log via the Kenshi launch panel. We still need to balance attacks and campaigns, please share your feedback or bug reports in the Steam forums or official forums to help us. Thank you 🙂
- Portugese translation added
- Japanese translation added
BLOOMIN’ ROBOT LIMBS!
- when a limb goes below -100 damage, that limb gets amputated
- lost legs means you have to crawl on the floor
- Legs damaged past your KO point also makes you crawl on the floor, until they are bandaged.
- robot limbs can be added or removed at a Skeleton Bed
- robot limbs will affect your stats in various ways
- If you are crawling around on the floor you can still fight really badly as long as you have at least 1 arm.
- Your amputated limb goes flying through the air. Dogs will run off with it.
- If your pet dog finds a limb he’ll get all defensive and keep running away with it until he finally eats it. Only happens with young dogs, so don’t worry he will grow out of it eventually.
- Limb loss can be reduced or disabled in the options
- Crossbow shops dotted around the world
- You need ammo too
- Crossbows and ammo can be crafted in your base
- Storages for crossbow parts and ammo
- Blood gets sprayed on the ground
- People get covered in blood
- Blood pools grow around people who are bleeding out
- Crawling and bleeding people leave a bloody slug trail behind them. So fun.
- Added various Hive world state reactions throughout the map if anything happens to the Hive queens
- 18 new beards and 17 new hairs added to the game. Credit goes to Arkhiel for generously donating them.
- 1 new male & 1 new female face
- New hand-painted inventory item icons. Credit goes to Diogo Santos for making them.
- Some roaming bandit squads will assault your base and attempt to capture it. If they win they will throw you out and live there themselves, use your stuff, eat all your food. You will have to remove them by force to get your base back.
- HOLD button replaces the PASSIVE button. This puts characters into “hold position” mode. Stops your characters running off to fight, but now they still fight anything that comes in range. You can use this to position melee guys tactically, to protect your bow units for example, or guard a doorway. Also still serves its original purpose of keeping your weak workers away from combat.
- When playing dead, you can switch to stealth mode and crawl around on the ground giving your buddies first aid or trying to escape without getting noticed
- The travel shops now sell tent blueprints. These can protect you from acid rain when you are camping.
- Slavers and Traders guilds have near 0 relations multiplier, so fighting them causes less relations loss but they assign bounties to you instead
- Swearing filter is now removed from the game, but is still available in the options
- Hivers now have proper face morphs for the character editor, they can have more variety now, go and give all your hivers plastic surgery cus they’re funny
- When placing buildings, ramps can automatically change to the correct building for the snap target
- Bandits now loot more food and take meat from downed animals, meaning they will eat your dog.
- Idle characters now sit around on chairs in your home base. Looks nice, and is a handy way to keep track of who’s idle.
- Using training equipment can now be set as a perma-job
- Confirmation message added for when selling stolen items, to prevent accidents
- New keybinds added for stuff in the “orders” panel
- “Perception” stat added, affects accuracy with shooting in general
- “Precision shooting” stat added, affects friendly fire chance
- “Lockpicking” stat added, separated now from the “Thievery” stat, which now just covers stealing. This means that all your characters don’t end up inadvertently becoming specialised thieves as a result of escaping cages.
- Thievery stat XP rate is doubled to compensate for the stat division. Lockpicking rate is the same.
- “Crossbow smithing” stat added for crafting bows and ammo
- A new AI sensory system change means that your squad now has to rely on line of sight, which should hopefully stop them running off over the hills to fight enemies
- The Fog Islands have better natural resources, so it’s now a nice place to build. It’s lovely, you should move there.
- You now get a combat XP bonus when a character fights outnumbered
- Disguises don’t count as disguises unless they reach over 40%
- Skimmers are less edible
- The “strong” new recruits are now weaker, because thats the spirit of the game.
- Chance of death default increased 20%. You guys aren’t dying enough.
- You can now camp indoors in old buildings and ruins
- Overall toughness XP rate reduced by 28%
- Campfire is now automatic cooking
- Animals age 2x slower
- Robots and robotic limb damage is now healed instantly, but wear damage rate has been doubled, and first aid speed is 0.33x slower
- Added Thievery Training box and a tier 3 lockpick training box. You need awkward materials to build them though
- Animals stats are now reduced to 25% when you buy one. This is because animals grew into high stats by default, so they were overpowered because those high stats weren’t earned through combat, just time. Now they have to be trained up like everybody else. This doesn’t apply to strength and dex, so they still get big and strong naturally without training, just the skills need to be trained.SMALL THINGS
- Added some improvements to prevent campaigns blaming you when they are defeated by a 3rd party on the way to your base
- Made some adjustments to prevent passing bandit squads from constantly assaulting your town, though it still should happen often, it shouldn’t be so relentless now. Need your feedback for further adjustments.
- Added a rain collector building
- You can no longer attempt to pick locks that are beyond your skill level (if it’s less than 5% success chance
- Lowered the lock lvl of ancient safes to compensate for the lockpick limits. Regular safes are still the same though
- Attack can now be shift-clicked to make a permanent-job, which basically puts the character into an “attack enemies on sight” mode
- Characters will now pickup items they need from the floor eg to find building materials or to fill a storage box
- Wall termites- A check to see if you’ve sealed up your town with walls and no gates, it will destroy some of your walls (to prevent a lot of bugs that would happen, and because it’s cheating)
- Added extra attack slots to large creatures so they can be hit by more attackers at once
- Tweaked the AI senses, you should be able to fight large outpost towers 1 floor at a time, more or less, instead of being mobbed by the whole tower
- NPCs relying on dialog events to attack you are now more alert because they can be triggered by sound
- Rebalanced AI vision ranges. If the NPC is in the light and you are standing in darkness, he can’t see you. If he’s in the darkness and you’re in the light, you can be seen a mile away. If you are both in the darkness you can be seen, but only if you are kind of close.
- You can now use the beds in ruins and bandit hideouts
- Weapons and armour are now almost quarter of the price. I think they were so expensive I never bought anything, just looted and stole, missing out on the joys of shopping.
- Beefed up Armour King’s security, because you guys shouldn’t steal from him, the best armourer in the world, you should experience the joys of shopping.
- Gear loot sell price penalty reduced a little to compensate for the cheaper prices
- As a result of all the above, crafting gear is not so insanely profitable and riches are generally harder to come by
- Animal skin is worth 8x more money, and makes 4x more leather. Hemp worth 2x more.
- The prices of food have gone up 10% (because of Brexit)
- Shops close 2hrs later
- Stopped nearby towns having vastly different trade markups, trade profit margins are more distance based
- Improved the shops available in the great desert area
- Armour blueprints 50% more expensive
- Chainmail sheets are less profitable
- Beak Thing nests have more eggs, raiding them should be a profitable adventure