Technical Artist | Full Time | Bristol
As our technical artist you will play an essential part in driving Kenshi 2, an in-development single player game being created in Unreal Engine, through production, to release and live operation, as well as any technical support necessary for the art and programming teams.
In this role you will be responsible for building internal art processes and guiding asset pipeline implementation in collaboration with the art and programming teams. You will act as a link between the programming and art teams, and as technical support to the artists. You will be in charge of keeping the engine performance fast and efficient, policing art content for optimal performance, selecting engine plugins and tools and setting up the artists to work with them. You will also be responsible for helping the art team achieve visual goals such as consistent lighting, writing materials and shaders, creating and implementing visual effects including shaders, post processing and particles.
- Project experience in a similar role.
- Showing initiative in finding and solving problems
- Excellent knowledge of UE4 and materials and shader programming
- Good knowledge of rendering pipelines
- Strong familiarity with Unreal 4 toolchains.
- Understanding of open world game performance limitations.
- Develop and improve workflow for asset creation across all departments
- Strong lighting setup experience in UE4
- Provide documentation for art process and technical setup
- Project management skills
- Excellent interdepartmental communication skills
- Creative, innovative, and conscientious in solving artistic technical problems.
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience making realistic art assets
- Experience using Houdini or similar softwares to create FX
- Experience creating material using Substance Designer/Painter
- Familiarity with a common scheduling, task and issue tracking tool (Jira, MS Project, Basecamp, Redmine etc).
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc.
- Ability to share technical experience, improving the skills of the art team
- A curious person who learns and improves their professional skills.
- Company policy of no crunch or overtime.
- Flexi-time (flexible working hours).
- 28 days holiday.
- 32.5hr work week.
- Competitive Salary in the industry.
- Work with the latest technology in Unreal Engine.
- Smaller team presenting the opportunity to make notable differences to projects.
- We are an equal opportunity employer
- Location and hours can be negotiated for the right candidate
Applications close midnight 9th May
Ideal start date 26th, though we will keep the job posting open longer if we don’t find a candidate in time.
Please send a covering letter and CV to jobs [at] lofigames.com.