Producer | Full Time | Remote, Office and Hybrid Options Available
Extended deadline – Midnight, Sunday 19th March GMT
Are you a people-focused Producer with an outstanding talent for development methodologies, a good understanding of developing long term projects and a passion for working with small indie games companies?
Are you a problem solver, motivator and detail-oriented team player who isn’t afraid to establish your own ideas into an existing team? If this sounds like you, read on!
Lo-Fi Games Ltd is a small independent games company that prides itself on making excellent games whilst making sure our team are well looked after. We are looking for a Producer to join us in our latest project currently in development.
This is a permanent role, which can be either based in our Bristol office full time or hybrid, or be fully remote. We have a life>work mentality with amazing long-term prospects, great benefits and support for our staff with the option to relocate to a creative and bustling city full of tech and games startups, nicknamed ‘Silicon Gorge’.
This is not just a project management role! While we might be a small company with a modest-sized production team, the games we build are vast and complex and we aim big. As such, the Producer role is much more hands-on – you’ll be working closely with the visioneer behind the world of Kenshi, helping to turn his ideas into actionable game design documents and getting involved with the day-to-day team management.
You will be working closely with the department leads to keep the development and design teams working collaboratively towards milestones through to delivery and post-release content, with a focus for on-time delivery within budget.
- Ensure the vision of Kenshi 2 is delivered to the high standard expected with the values of Lo-Fi Games Ltd always followed
- Work with executive management team to craft the vision of Kenshi 2, and to review and develop schedules, milestones and resource requirements to ensure achievement of the Game Director’s vision
- The development is already underway, so you will need to assess, plan and oversee the project, looking for ways to improve product quality, productivity, processes, pipelines and interactions between the different parts of the team and sub teams
- Resolve conflicts and manage leads as their head of department
- Establish and maintain communication with leads and their teams, helping everyone bring their contributions together and in alignment – be a key interdisciplinary point of contact for all teams
- Ensure timely delivery of milestones while safeguarding quality of work in accordance with predefined project schedule and values of the company
- Schedule workload and sprints for each team, including risk assessment and management (lore/writing, art, design, development, QA, localisation)
- Work with the leads to establish sprint capacity and estimates – communicating constraints on demand vs availability on time/scope to the strategy board
- Work with senior management to identity staffing or resources requirements, utilising forecast planning and recognising any expected points of risk or failure
- Attend/conduct regular standups
- Arrange and work with QA to triage game issues and drive updates to the game service
- Support team members to assess and clear blockers and help manage backlogs to ensure best performance
- Always striving to improve pipeline and process, and bring pivots or ideas to the Strategy Board
- Arranging for beta testing and focus groups, if applicable
- Planning and allocating funding for the different dev teams within a set budget, working with finance and management in the ongoing budgetary process
- Clearly communicate progress of project, teams and any issues arising as such to senior management regularly
- Miscellaneous tasks to aid the team where possible, such as writing game manuals or producing assets etc.
- Persevering and tenacious in extracting required information and getting what is needed to move forward
- Proactive, positive, autonomous and self-motivating; completely able to take charge where needed while still being flexible, identifying issues and actively seeking solutions with the Game Director
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combining leadership and diplomacy with a positive can-do mindset
- Two years’ experience as a Producer in the games industry, preferably with experience working with scaling indie companies, OR five years’ experience as a Product Manager in another industry
- Must have shipped at least one video game title or launched a major product
- A keen interest and understanding of video games and video game development
- Great track record of running successful, multidisciplinary teams
- Extremely strong project management skills – fluent with Agile methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with diverse personalities
- An excellent knowledge of production, the difficulties generally encountered by teams and solutions tailored to their requirements
- Ability to analyse problems and provide consistent guidance on different areas such as art, game design, programming, organisation, business
- Good understanding of project budgeting and risk analysis
- Excellent organisational skills
- A great knowledge of the indie gaming market and community/consumer expectations
- A basic knowledge of game development and relevant software including Unreal Engine
- Experience with Asana, Google Workspace and MS Office Suite
- Permanent position at our standard 32.5 hours per week
- Super flexible working – our core hours are between 12pm and 4pm (GMT)
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Relaxed environment with a strict company policy of no crunch
- Private Bupa healthcare
- Excellent team welfare benefits and support
- Mental health support with Spill and Bupa – 24 hour assistance and support with two ‘no questions’ extra days off a year if you need it
- Free Merch!
- Regular, inclusive team socials, both in person and online
- Extra benefits for people who stick with us!
Lo-Fi Games is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We encourage a full range of diversity in our team and strongly encourage all people to apply, especially those from under-represented groups.
Newly extended deadline for the application is is midnight, Sunday 19th March GMT. Please apply with your CV and cover letter.
Apply now on LinkedIn
We accept non-UK applicants, there are no sponsorship options available for this role.
Successful applicants working outside of the UK will be engaged as subcontractors.
We are members of the Good Employment Charter and Safe In Our World.