Update 0.98.54 is out now on the Experimental branch! 0.98.53 is out on the main stable branch.
To opt in to the experimental version, right-click on Kenshi in your Steam games list -> properties -> betas tab -> then choose “experimental”. If opting in, please be aware of bugs, instability and unfinished content – for the best experience we recommend waiting for stable release… Please report any bugs, gameplay or balancing feedback etc to either the Steam or Lo-Fi forums.
GEAR REBALANCE PART 3
The idea now is that the light/medium armour guys should be able to do more harm and do well 1 on 1, and the heavy guys should handle being outnumbered better and overall last longer
This is a big shake-up for armour. It’s un-tested, so I would appreciate feedback, any items that you think are over-powered or worthless.
- Heavy armour has penalties to dexterity and attack skills. The idea is that it limits you to being a tank, your attack has been sacrificed a little for defence.
- Medium armours are designed to be for generalists. Less protection than heavy but only mild skill penalties and so more tactical options.
- Light and specialist armours are designed to be un-restrictive or even offer bonuses, suitable for rangers or glass-cannon melee ninjas and duelists
- Armour can penalise dexterity and damage dealing
- Changed the display of the armour stun damage stats in the armour tooltips to try and make it clearer to understand: it now shows 1 line for the final derived cut resistance, and a 2nd line for the incoming cut damage that gets converted into stun damage. Adding these 2 numbers together will get the total “cut resistance” number that it used to display before.
- Increased shirt armour cut resist by 10%
- Reduced plate armour stealth penalty so its still severe but not so total
- The hiver shirts will be delayed because our artist went on holiday, and employment law says I have to let him.
- Some small tweaks to improve character movement bugs
- Fixed haul job stealing items from bars if player town radius overlaps
- Fixed player caravan and military formation spot issues
- Formation refreshed when value in AI panel changed
- Fixed bright yellow or white clouds at dusk
- Fixed AI confusion with almost full inventories when picking items off the ground