I’m uploading update 0.42.2 right now. It fixes most of the major bugs that have been reported.
Now I’ve hired a freelance programmer to do a few auxiliary jobs. First he’s going to implement Wwise, a professional grade audio engine. After that I can hire a professional sound designer, and the game will finally have sound. Good sound too, I’m not cutting corners.
That will take a while though, if after the next update anyone starts going “Where’s the audio? You said you did sound” then they will get a slap.
As for me I’m not 100% sure what I’m doing next, but it will be a bigger update this time. So I’ll be going off radar a bit and focusing on work. It might be the new character creation, possibly even the new bigger world map. Then I can have famous foliage modder Vurt make the new biomes.
Here are the changes for the last update:
- -Integrated on-screen character name texts with GUI, so they don’t appear on top of other panels
- -Characters now choose storage boxes to get resources from, before resorting to the machine outputs.
- -Characters now choose the nearest storage box if there are several to choose from.
- -Research speed is displayed at the top of the research window
- -Added Steel Refinery to make steel bars from.
- -Fixed Holy Servants having no weapons
- -Fixed complications when multiple characters tried to pick someone up at the same time
- -Science skill now applies properly to research speed
- -Fixed building power on/off buttons
- -Fixed game freeze when building if you still had gates
- -Fixed characters sometimes freezing after build mode
- -Fixed newly crafted items not saving when left in bench
- -Fixed the shopkeeper inventory crash
- -Fixed the quickload problem when not all the map zones would be loaded
- -Fixed the crafting window list being too short